Friday, October 24, 2008

Busy Setting Up Shop

Wow, I have not entered a post since July...what have I been doing? Well, setting up the studio to teach classes from great pattern designers like Shannon Richards, from Muse http://www.museonline.net/. I LOVE, LOVE her patterns! Her cosmetic bag pattern is one of my most treasured aquisitions because I make them for "any occasion gifts". I have also been playing with Betsy Ross patterns from owner and propriatress, Aimee Dolby. I have had so much fun making her new raglan top pattern--I adore using old vintage fabrics for this top. And last but not least--my greatest undertaking yet...sewing some clothes for my, little Annie Pants. I have been using a lot of Oliver+S patterns, by Liesl Gibson for my little gal. There is something so special about Liesl's patterns and I am addicted to the flicker group on her blog! I have also been purchasing some vintage dress patterns with yokes and the famouse, two piece jiffy dress, I can't wait to add some great trims and fabric covered buttons to them!

I have also been working on MAD's first project to raise awareness and money towards the cause of Human Trafficking. This is MAD's first sewing/awareness theme and I am SO excited about the project. So...that is where I have been, held up in my studio--setting up shop and working up a new pattern that I will soon unvail as MAD's first project to combine a passion for sewing and a desire to make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment