Thursday, November 6, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

So, I headed on down that country road again to Petaluma to have another long sewing lesson with Nicole Vasbinder at StitchCraft http://www.stitchcraftonline.com I took my Bernina; which I inherited from my mother in law, Sally Basler. It is a beautiful Bernina 930. Well Nicole and I got out the manual and settled in with our lattes and went over everything. There are a few neat things about the machine. For instance, to do embroidery, the machine has a little hoop attatchment. It also has three different basting stitch lengths--for me that is SO great--I often baste a lot of Annies clothes before I sew them and this machine has an extra long basting stitch. Anyway, it was a great day at StitchCraft and as always, I feel so fortunate to have such a great teacher. At the end of the day, after the "chickens" were in bed, I worked on Dana, one of my childhood friends, wedding gift. She requested a wrap to wear for her rehersal dinner. This was a lot of fun to construct because I used all recylced garments. In the end I rolled together some curtains and a shirt in order to make a wrap. On the inside of the wrap, I sewed in a small silk flower that I clipped off of the dress I wore for my rehersal dinner, eight years ago. I drove the wrap up to SF to her today just before she left for Napa Valley, where her wedding will be this weekend. All in all it was a long, but very productive and joyouse day.

No comments:

Post a Comment