Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It is good for the environment, it's good for the soul




I can't beleive it has been a few weeks since I have posted an update about what is going on in the studio. Well, the covers are in the works, I am still working on a final design, but really happy with how they are turning out. Our family is also working on a handmade Christmas--so I have had a very happy little 5 year old elf helping me to make family gifts. Speaking of gifts, I recently gave a set of recycled, handmade gloves to a sewing friend who loved them and put in an order for more so she could take them on her trip across the globe and give them away as a gift. So, the gloves got me thinking about how I could make more and apply them to MAKING A DIFFERENCE. So, in addition to the covers, I will be selling handmade, fingerless gloves made out of highend, recycled fabrics such as marino wool, cashmere and lambswool. I am also beating the streets looking for a shelter that I can donate a percentage of the proceeds to. This project will be called, "Warm Hands, Warm Heart". I spoke with a local shelter today and it looks like I may have found one. I will know more formally in January. For now, any gloves I sell will have a 5% donation that will go to a local shelter in San Mateo. Along the lines of reusing, I have also fallen madly in love with recycling adult clothing into clothes for my little Annie Pants. Recently, I have made her a few dresses and a skirt. Here are a few snapshots of my recycling adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment