Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Upcycling Like a Mad Woman
















So lately I have fallen head over heals for upcycling clothes into little frocks for my little Annie Pants. I think the allure for me is using fabrics that you would not normally find being used in childrens clothing--for instance linens, wools and kid mohair. I am not a huge fan of the childrens clothes made for girls as it is. I don't like a lot of the colors or fabrics. Most of my little girls wardrobe is made up of neutral colors--creams, greys and browns and a lot of her stuff is made out of more natural fibers--if I can find it. This is probably because these are the colors that I prefer too. Here are some photos of an upcycled dress made out of a skirt from the 70's and a jumper made out of a 100% cashmere sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment