Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baby It's Cold Out!





So, it had been so cold recently, I decided to felt down one of Daddy's sweaters for Miss Annie Pants. I find a lot of the clothes made for little ones that are meant to be warm are very bulkey and fussy. So, I shrank down a very warm 100% wool sweater and upcycled it. Then I created a new pattern for a little A-line coat. What is so nice about this little coat is it is really warm, sits well on her ONLY has two buttons. I also took a little extra time to do some finishing work with embroidery floss around the edges--I just did a basic blanket stitch in cream floss. I really enjoyed this project because she loves the little coat, it is so warm and of course I had fun curling up at night working on the embroidery for it. Her are some pics of her new winter duds!

No comments:

Post a Comment