Thursday, January 29, 2009

Little Lily in Her Dress



So, I mentioned a while back that I just finished Oliver + S bubble dress for Lily http://www.oliverands.com/patterns/summer/patterns1.phtml , one of my oldest and dearest friend Tracy's daughter. Tracy and I grew up together. Looking back I got so much from that friendship and still do. I have so many funny and wonderful memories of us together--babysitting, doing homework, long talks on the phone(about what...who knows), shopping trips and as we got older--sneaking out. Gosh I was so lucky. But, writing this now I realize the greatest gift that I got was-Tracy has been one of the best friends a person could have. From the day I met her in the fifth grade when she was the first person to befriend me by offering to share her last piece of bubble gum to now--she is STILL a phone call away anytime the chips are down or something wonderful happens. 23 years of solid, treasured friendship--a lot of people are not so lucky--I know I truly am. I really hope our daughters Annie and Lily who are about the same age distance apart as we are will grow up together--talking on the phone NIGHTLY....about who knows what, window shopping for hours and...simply just being that person who is just always there when you need them--if our daughters have the friendship we have--then they will always have each other to lean on, just like Tracy and I have always relied on one another... Here are some pix of Miss Lily in her bubble dress--gosh what a cutie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment