Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More Antiquing and Some Sewing Treasures






This past weekend, we were in the gold country. We did some snow play. Nan Nan(my mom) spent lots of time with Beech in the snow parks doing sledding and saucering. We also ate out at some neat restaurants in Angels Camp. One in particular was outstanding--Cruscous. It was a darling little family owned, authentic Italian restaurant. And of course...Beech and I did some antiquing. He has learned that at Annies Antique Emporium(a co-op of antique vendors)they have a stall that has action figures and super hero comic books. He found a vintage cataglogue of action figures. Then, he spent a lot of time poring over it during the weekend. I also found some great sewing treasures at Annies and NEXT in Murphys, CA. At Next, I found two old NEEDLE CRAFT magazines from...1931. They are amazing and the articles are truly facinating. After I re-read one of the articles, I plan to share it on this blog. I also found a vintage apron with pockets that will be perfect for when I sew. For my friend Alicia, who is creating a button collection, I picked up a bag of buttons for her. And to add to my sewing stash, some gorgeouse, vintage lace(to make something for Annie Pants),some old and very cool buttons for my gloves project, some trims and a flour sack. Here are some pics of our gold country, snow and treasure hunting weekend--and I plan to share some thoughts about one of the Needle Craft articles soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment