Tuesday, August 11, 2009

They LOVE EM!



In the summer we do a lot of swimming at my moms, in Bear Valley and at our local YMCA. I wanted to get the kids pool cover ups, but I could not really find any I liked--especially ones for boys. Beech and Annie are little polywogs--they love to swim...but they also get super cold in a flash and they want out! So, I found a great simplicity patterns for a long sweatshirt/robe and hunted for ....just the right fabric. My two littles adore the flurry micro fiber fleece---it is similar to the fabric that blankets are made out of and ...even off the bolt it is not cheap. Anyway, I snuck a few yards in a while back and while they were sleeping I made them and then left them in their rooms for them to find when they woke up. And...they went nutso! It is funny...in this house handmade stuff out of novelty or fleece fabric is as much of a hit as a new toy--it cracks me up! I used my surger to put them together and boy oh boy is that a MESSSSSSSSY adventure, but also worth it. Beechs cover up came out beautifully...Annies...could have been better. Either I was rushing or did not match my seams as well--so the construction was a bit shottier. Here are some pics I took of them in them after we came back from family swim at the YMCA.

No comments:

Post a Comment