Monday, August 23, 2010

Babyshowers, Kisses and Princesses

It has been a wonderful weekend around here. Friday the kids and I spent the day getting the house ready for Bobo's shower--we cleaned, organized and put in lots of plants--with her shower colors--pink, purple, sage and yellow. Then J came home and worked on my honey do list I had for him. He hung stadium drapes, put up garden bells and set up tables--Godbless him. I also got my first kiss from him in alost 4 weeks. Since we kiss many times a day normally--no kissing was a challenge. But since dr. S also revised my cleft lip scar and grafted tissue under it, so I had lots of stitches. Anyway, J leaned down and gently gave me my first kiss in weeks--I have really missed them!!!

So I orriginally found the theme "cute as a button" online from this blog http://ohbrooke.com/2010/05/11/cute-as-a-button-baby-shower/ Brooks invitations are darling and I copied them.
Saturday, J took the kids off on an adventure to the YMCA and then Golf Land and I finished setting up the shower--linens and chairs went out, ballloons up, flowers around and food set up--it all looked beautiful and BOBO worthy! By 1pm, we were in full shower swing--drinking punch, chatting in the sun and eating yummy food. We then retreated to the fire pit for gift opening. Bobo's friends showered her with hand knit blankets and hats, tiny pink outfits and lots of little accessories for her new nursery. As one of her greatest admirers--it was a joy to see my dearest friend so happy!

Bobo with some of her close pals
my moms famous diaper cake with buttons of course

 
what's left after button soaps are cut out and packaged for the favors

we used bricks of shea butter soap--melted and combined with soap coloring and lavender essence. Then we used a 2 small sugar cookie cutters to cut them out and a lollipop stick to poke the holes. Beech and I made them in batches over a few weeks--he loved it!



pink cupcakes(I ASKED for light or sugar pink....sadly I got DISNEY PINK...yuck...with handmade felt cupcake toppers thanks to http://elitevents.blogspot.com/2010/05/cute-as-button-baby-shower.html where I got most of my ideas

                                                  Van and Kimberly (Bobo's other BFF and fello brides maid)

Sitting at the fire pit watching Bobo and baby maes be showered with gifts

We had a lazy sunday morning and then we went off to fairyland in Oakland--it is old, but still very cute. We liked that you could bring your own lunch in and the entry fee was pretty nominal. Also there was not much to buy--so very little distraction for the kids. Annie and Danni--Annie and her bff dawned their gowns and Beech went along as the resident prince. They ran themselves silly and had a great time.


Once upon a time there were 2 little princessesses...........     

       Beech and mommy hiding in the card maze

and the prince was having a blast too...can you tell?

Annie and her prince


All in all it was a beautiful weekend full of joy for my dear Bobo, love for my sweet J(and lots of kisses) and fairy princesses

No comments:

Post a Comment