Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Letter From Samaritan House

I wanted to post this letter that I recieved from Samaritan House for my first donation project for MAD Stitches in 2008. I made the upcycled gloves from sweaters and some of my dearest friends and family purchased them as Christmas gifts(A SPECIAL THANK YOU AGAIN TRACY AND LIZ) Anyway, Lyn Engel at Samaritan House wrote this note for the donation. I am getting ready to sit down and clear the dust for 2009 to see how much I will be able to donate to Samaritan House and STaRS. So I wanted to end out my blog posts for 2009 with SH's nice letter. Thank you to the people who bought the gloves last year--it is because of people like you, I can help to make these small donations by sewing and selling what I make. Here is the letter.


1511 S. Claremont Street
San Mateo, CA 94402
(650) 341-4081


October 22, 2009



Dear Vanessa,

You have now opened your heart to us at Samaritan House and we are so very thankful! Your donation of $140.00 dated April 18, 2009 certainly makes a difference in the lives of our families and individuals who are searching for assistance.

Your gift from the HEART allows us to provide critical services such as food, shelter, medical and dental and rental assistance “free-of-charge”. Our individuals and families look to Samaritan House to help them recover from crises, build hope, and set forth on a path to self-reliance.

Vanessa, Samaritan House is very grateful for your care, compassion and support. YOU are “Neighbor helping Neighbor”.

Warmly,

Lynn Engel
Annual Giving Manager

Your donation to Samaritan House is tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our Tax I.D. is 23-7416272. You received no goods or services for your donation. This letter will serve as your receipt for tax purposes; please keep it for your records.

No comments:

Post a Comment