Wednesday, December 23, 2009

New Aprons






It has been a busy few weeks. I had a wonderful opportunity to be a part of the Baywood Vintage Holiday Boutique. It was a two day event. The first day of the boutique was a private shop and cocktail party. I was able to dawn a holiday dress and vintage apron(the apron was a lovely gift from my dear friend Laura and it was her moms in 1938). It was so neat because I was able to be a vendure and a parent at this spectacular evening affair. One of the Baywood parents donated their beautiful home and all of the rooms sparkled and glowed with gorgeouse vintage decore: ornaments, feather trees, fabulouse jewelry, featherd and jeweled wreaths, childrens toys and MAD's aprons. The house sparkled, people were dressed up, champagne flowed and wonderful Christmas oldies played in the background. All of the vendors were asked to work at the cocktail party as part of the ambiance. What luck!!! I had a chance to bring MAD out in the evening--My table was dressed up for the evening with glitterd glassware housing cookie cutters, hand stamped labels and sweet hand knit cupcakes(knit by my mom). The next day holiday shoppers returned; cocoa, handmade christmas cookies(made by my dear friend Jaz) and holiday cheer swirled through the rooms. I was so grateful because MAD did well and there will be many little girls opening up aprons in their stockings this year. I want to send a special thank you to Michelle Murphy and Jennifer Rayborn for allowing me to be a part of the wonderful Vintage Holiday Boutique. I have listed some of the aprons that were selling at the boutique in my Esty Shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/MADstitches

No comments:

Post a Comment