Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Little Lemonade Stand Apron

I first made this fabric combination last year for a custom order. A customer wanted a few little aprons for her grand-daughters to have when they came for a visit last summer. When I went hunting for the fabric for these little girls, I started thinking, "What about some lemonade stand aprons for them...?" and that is how this little combination first came about.

I had visions of these little girls visiting their grandma for the summer and wearing these aprons in their  lemonade stand to help keep them busy. I heard at the end of the summer that they wore their aprons in their grandma's kitchen and roadside while manning their lemonade stand!
Anyway, it is a fabric combination near and dear to my heart because it grew out of a request I had from a grandmother who clearly adored her grand-daughters. I got to be part of creating something special for them to wear while puttering around their grandma's kitchen and passing the time selling sweet, homemade lemonade. Here are some pictures of my little Annie wearing her little lemonade stand apron...now we just need to make our lemonade stand and we are ready for spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment