Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Aprons for Auction #2

     For the last few months, I have been helping out on my sons school auction team--what an experience. I feel like I worked solidly from January until last Sunday helping to do fund raising and I learned a lot along the way. I had no idea that there was such a process to procuring financial, physical or "in kind" donations. I was also unaware of how much work and dedication it takes many parents to put on a school auction. Anyway, the theme of the auction was channel surfing, so my friend Shaneel and I went to the event as Betty Rubble and Wilma Flinstone, I will post some pictures of our Yabba Dabba Do adventures in a later post.
    
Since I was pretty busy learning the ropes of helping on the auction team, I was not sure I would have time to donate any aprons to the event. However, about a week ago I decided I could probably get two done to donate. I had a lot of fun making them and it felt so good to have something special to contribute to my sons school fundraiser. I donated an aqua blue 1/2 apron with pale colored cupcakes, trimmed in chocolate brown. The other apron was a Modern Day Pinafore in all pink with a few special touches. I used a soft pink fabric and paired it with sweet, sugar pink cupcake fabric. --I also had a chance to put my "feet to good use" for this apron. As I was able to use my new magnetic seam guide for some of the top stitching and my wonderful ruffler for the bodice and a cute little ruffle at the bottom.
These is a tag I made to hang on them. I have fallen in love with the Fairy Dust Glitter from Joannes Fabrics--it works beautifully on paper and fabric.
Here is the new ruffle I added. The idea came from little pants and skirts that Nicole Vasbinder at Stitchcraft in Petaluma helped me create.http://www.stitchcraftonline.com/
A little applique cupcake on the pocket...
                          Here they are waiting for a ride to the auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment