Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It is All Pink




 I recently had a dear friend order a few aprons for birthday presents. She asked if I could do a custom order and make a few changes to the standard fabrics that I use. I was happy to do this because I am always so grateful to get orders--it means I can add a bit more to my overall donations. Another reason I did not mind is I am learning that some of the sewing creations I make as gifts or special orders turn out to be fun, new constructions that I probably would not have stumbled on otherwise.

Anyway, she requested I replace the brown with pink to coordinate with the pink cupcake fabric. I am used to matching up the bolder colors, so this was new territory for me. In the end, I paired the soft pink fabric with the pink cupcake fabric for the modern day pinafore and I was surprised to see how well all of the pinks came together. Going forward,  I am going to make a standard pink/pink modern day pinafore and add it to my little collection of apron fabric combinations. So, thank you to my friend J for her order and for helping me stumble on a new, sweet, all pink fabric combination--and a special Happy Birthday to her little C!

No comments:

Post a Comment