Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Auction Donations

Over the last month I was asked to donate aprons to a few local schools. It has been a lot of fun making some new aprons on behalf of some really special kids. This spring MAD Stitches will be donating eight aprons to four local schools. In honor of these special kids, I wanted to make two new fabric combination aprons. I will be making 4 1/2 aprons and 4 Modern Day Pinafores. I wanted to share the first combination for the half apron. This one was inspired by my special buddy Tyler F. B. I have had the honor of knowing him for almost 6 years. He is an AMAZING kid! Super smart, talented, caring and increadibly compassionate towards other kids. This apron is for his school auction in Belmont, CA. Here are some pictures. A special thank you to my buddy Ty--I am so glad that Beech has had such a wonderful friendship with you! You are our REAL LIFE SUPER HERO!!

Pink Polka Dots and Cherries




2 comments:

  1. Love this. What a cute apron. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Vanny! Thanks so much for taking the time to make such a special auction item...I am going to have to bid on it for my nieces. What kind words about T. I feel the same about B. How did we get so lucky to have such strong, kind, and you said it, amazing little guys...and luck was on my side that day...almost 6 years ago, when I sat next to you at Gymboree :)

    ReplyDelete