Saturday, March 20, 2010

What Is It About Vintage Fabric and Styles?

I bought this little slip for Miss Annie in Petaluma at one of my favorite stores, Summer Cottage Antiques http://www.summercottageantiques.com/. It is one of my favorite shops for finding sweet little vintage treasures. It is also just a wonderful escape for anyone who likes to grab a cup of coffee and mill around a store filled with vintage treasures. Anyway, I bought this little slip along with a few other dresses for Miss Annie about a year ago. I don't know what it is about vintage fabrics that I love so much...? This little slip has the most beautiful detail. The lace looks so delicate and there are little pearl buttons at the shoulders and lots of hand sewn detail on the bottom of the slip. I also love the thin, muslin like fabric. It is such a simple litte slip/dress that I bought for her to wear during the warm, summer months along with lots of pillow case dresses that I am in the process of madly sewing up for her! --Photos by Jeff Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment