Friday, April 23, 2010

Auction Time for IHM

I had a lovely thing happen today. I drove to one of my dearest friends kids schools to donate two aprons for their school auction. When I took the aprons up to the parish building, I was greeted by four lovely ladies who had all been working on the school auction. One of the ladies, Gloria has been planning the auctions for over 20 years--can you imagine...Having just worked on my own sons school auction for roughly three months, several hours a week, I had a bit of insight to Gloria's world. It is truly a labor of love that comes with tons of work, follow up, lists, spreadsheets and tax info(I never would have imagined) Anyway, it was great to meet a veteran and also to be greeted so warmly--my aprons are a small donation for IHM that came with a very warm and grateful welcome--which makes the donation experience all the more special.




Since I have now narrowed down the fabric selection for the aprons I sell, I wanted to create a special combination of fabrics in the Modern Day Pinafore especially for this particular event. Something special for one of the most special, brave, caring, kind, compassionate and really...REALLY smart boys I know. So T-Man thanks for letting me donate these to your school and I love and admire you dearly.

XO
Nicey Ness

1 comment:

  1. Oh Vanny! I am so touched by your post. You are always such a positive force in our lives. Thank you for your kindness and caring for the T-man - he is a lucky boy to have someone like you on his side. Gloria is pretty amazing - been through so much in her life, but remains so positive. And wow, can you imagine running an auction like that for over 20 years?!

    The Brown family sends love your way. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete