Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mario Cart Fans

Just a quick post here. Back in February, my godson Jesse celebrated his 5th birthday. In their typical fashion, his parents(my brother) and his wife have these amazing parties--one year a carnival, another year was starwars and karaoke--and my sister in law and her bff make these crazy cakes that take days to make. Anyway, this years party was a dress up bowling party! So cool! As part of my present to my Godson, I made him and Beech Mario Brothers costumes.

I was so thankful to find a blogger out there who had posted how they constructed their sons Mario halloween costume, Debbie in Minniapolis. http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/coolest-homemade-little-mario-costume-41.html  Thanks to her , I was able to get some good construction ideas for sewing the boys costumes. Similar to her attack, I found a Burda pattern for boys overalls (this was not easy to find since many 6 year olds just don't wear overalls anymore). Since I was in a time crunch,  I used fleece so I would not have to do much hemming. Debbie gave great directions on how to make the hats too. Anyway, here are the Mario and Luigi costumes which I made for under $14 by using my Joannes coupons...not bad.  Now I just hope they might want to wear them again for Halloween because then I would actually be a head of schedule for once! Thanks again to Debbie in Minniapolis for posting all of your GREAT directions!

1 comment:

  1. that is so darn cute! Allen was Mario this last halloween - we didn't make an entire costume, just the top half and it was so fun, but i wish i would have seen that how-to!

    ReplyDelete