Sunday, June 13, 2010

"I like Your Toms"

 
About a month ago J and I were on a date. We had gone to starbucks and then a movie. While we were sitting in starbucks another customer came in to order a drink. She was a young girl. Just before she left, the girl behind the counter casually said, "I like your Toms" to the young girl. I overheard this conversation and I had no idea what it meant. Then today we were all walking around town in Murphys ca and there was a sign in the window at one of the local shoe shops and it said, 'how do you wear your Toms?" Ok...now I was intrigued...what was this Toms thing...?
So, in I went to investigate and I discovered something entirely cool. Toms is a shoe brand http://www.toms.com/our-movement that is more like a movement. If you purchase a pair of their shoes, they automatically match that purchase by giving a pair of shoes to a child. it is called "one for one". The philosophy is that many children in forign countries go without shoes on a daily basis and they are at risk for contracting soil diseases. --I was enchanted by the concept. I loved the idea that this company is so passionate about children and believes that their product can really make a difference. Anyway...now as I sport them about all summer..maybe someone will say to me...hey "I like your Toms"..and I will be part of the one for one movement...who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment