Tuesday, May 25, 2010

MAD Goes to Makers

I had the honor of bringing MAD Stitches to MAKER Fair last weekend. It was amazing, overwhelming and just basically insane. Unfortunately, I had been a little under the weather last week and was playing catch up like mad until the last minute of set up time. So, I did not take many photos to capture how I felt like I had landed on another planet full of MAKERS with inventions they had made that were almost unfathomable--motorized light floats, coil light shows, funkey cars, retro jewelry, gorgeous fiber goods--you name it.

As a vendor--there were so many learning moments--goods and bads...

In a nutshell--not so good learning moments-
-I was still sewing until 4am the eve of MAKERS. Not a great idea...i was so tired.
-i panicked and cut out too many aprons--no way would I ever have finished them.
-Doubted the amount of aprons I had made for the fair
-I made no plans for relief coverage at my booth

Ok, so there are more criticisms I could come up with but those are for sure things I hope to improve on.
There was a lot of good too
Set up a nice booth
-had a lot of inventory
-got to be a part of MAKERS
-met other wonderful and creative makers

And here are a few pictures of the day--which I am still reeling from...and it is still hard to believe I got to be a part of it.

            Below are pictures from Friday Young Makers day--I did a workshop on the aprons and hand sewing. Then Saturday inside Makers, views from my booth, my MAD booth and my little box all packed up at the end of the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment