Monday, May 31, 2010

Friends, Family and Some Good Times

Tia Ria, Me, Felicia, Cariad and the frog at Twisted Oak
I feel like I have been trying to sit down at my computer and post something for several days now. I have written posts in my head and constructed them as I have been driving and now....Now...my mind seems to be going blank.

I just wanted to post a few pictures of the last few weeks. A couple of weekends ago the HSM's (the Hairspray moms...we are the modern day version of the Pink Ladies because we are THAT cool) took a girls trip up to Murphys CA. One of our best friends and guardian angel, Tia Ria is moving to Texas. We wanted to spend some time with her, honoring her and letting her know how much she will be missed. So...we ate, drank, gave toasts and speeches, cried and laughed.--It was a great weekend.
Mei, Me, Tia Ria, Felicia, Cariad

We went to a few local wineries and the restaurant V for dinner. --It was such a special time. One thing I said to Maria was, "I don't know why it takes a minute to say hello and a lifetime to say good bye"--Dr. Suess  Maria has been such a bright, soulful and caring force in my life. She has prayed with me on the phone, brought meals when I have had a baby or had surgery and for our group she is the heartbeat. I have had the honor of watching her blossom in her 6 years of motherhood carving out her dedicated, unwaivering style of providing such a loving, healthy, spiritually and educationally rich home for her two boys. Anyway, California is losing one of its most beautiful gems to Texas. God Bless you Tia Ria

Then, this past weekend I went back to Murphys with my family. It is so beautiful and the weather is getting warmer. We had a wonderful time. We spent time at our favorite restaurant, the Wren. It seems like everyone found their own place to sit and chill out. Annie claimed her dad as her buddy and together they sat playing babydoll at the little table...is that love or what?


And Beech found his own quiet table to hang out at while he played his DS. It was so cool to watch him because I am constantly in awe of him these days. He has ups and downs a lot because kids are often asking him what is wrong with his lip and he has yet to really understand what they are asking, but we know that it upsets him more than he talks to us about. So--there seems to be a quiet strength growing in him.

This is Beech at 5 months before his cleft lip repair (I love this picture) (photo by Pamela J)

                                Beech AKA Mr. Cool hangin out at the Wren playing his DS

And then there was me. I sat in the sun and watched the beautiful site of my little family. I love when we are all together. There was a peacefulness that came over me as I watched every one settle in to find their favorite table in the sunshine
That's me sitting in the sun taking in the sites...


We also spent time at Snowflake lodge--for us it is the happiest place on earth. We love to hang out at the pool and dig in the sand (for hours) at the lake. It is a charming, old school lodge and the ice creams are still a buck and--we love the old fashioned feel of it all.
Daddy and Annie hanging out in the Snowflake pool

Jess and Liz, my brother and sister in law were also up in the mountains. We had lots of time with them at the lake and then we spent Saturday night with them enjoying a lasagna dinner. All of our children ran themselves silly and it was mayhem! I love to have a chance to see them enjoying themselves because they both work so hard.
Jesse and Elizabeth having some quiet time by the pool

Anyway, it has been a busy May, but one filled with lovely memories...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh vanessa…who were you writing about?? Anyway, TOO MUCH…it is so TOUCHING to read about our weekend and even MORE to read about your FAMILY time there!!! LOVE IT, LOVE iT, LOVE IT…I don’t know…I know you can sew…but REALLY you can WRITE!!! I felt like I was emotionally drawn in to each word (not just about our girls weekend, but your family time and your life…it makes one want to read more)…yet another GIFT you have. Are you the one who needs to write a book??? About your life? Or your Mom’s or both?? XXXOO, M

    ReplyDelete