Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's Shower Time for the Mommies of Room 15

Jens Blanket cute coordinating vintage car flannel

a printed fabric label welcoming the little guy
all wrapped and ready to party tomorrow!

This little is a little standard blankie I make for baby shower gifts. It is soft and usually fits nicely over the stroller. It is really simple to make and yet it is unique--especially if you hunt for some ecclectic flannel, I love anything with muted colors, vintage themes or unusual prints like bikes or umbrellas and I stay away from novelty prints. This blanket is one yard of minkey, 1 yard of flannel, pinned right sides together and trimmed to 1/2 around the sides. I sew around the perimeter of wrong sides together, leaving a 2" opening for turning. Then, the magic begins and I turn it right side out and use my point turner at the corners. I also like to print fabric printer paper and sew on a personalized label. This one I have to go back and fix one of the sides, as it is clear I started to fal asleep on the job! 

Anyway, the mommies of room 15 at Beech's school are coming over tomorrow in the morning for a baby shower for Jen and I am looking forward to a lovely morning with the ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment