Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Popular Request (this post is dedicated to SM--hope it makes you smile!)

Adult bib made out of flannel backed vinyl
A pocket to hold tissue, a napkin or other treasures
All wrapped up and ready to go!

In the last year, I have had a few requests for adult bibs and usually I say I do not make anything like that because I only like to make kids things. However, a dear dear friend of mine has a darling grandmother who is turning 95 years old next week and really needs a bib. Currently, they are using a towel to go over her lap. So, off I went in search of a fitting fabric for an adult bib. I settled on two different types; a white eyelet vinyl and a rustic, fruit printed flannel backed vinyl. I cut the bib to go over the neck and binded the neck in a soft fabric. I also decided that a little pocket would be nice for tissue or a napkin. Then I wrapped it up in some pretty packaging and delivered it to my girlfriend and she was delighted. I was happy to hear that this bib may make life a bit easier for my friend's dear mom who helps to take care of her mom (my friends grandmother). These types of challenges are always my favorite type of thing to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment