Saturday, July 10, 2010

Adventures in Organizing...Again? and Again....

I have been working on my little studio since last night. I was up late, late, late just organizing. Since my studio is in my house it is really easy to get lazy about keeping it organized, but if I don't I really suffer and shoot myself in the foot. I think the challenge is when I am in the middle of a project, I tend to let the other things go--packagine, trims, stamps can all become a jumbled mess if I am in a hurry. So, I spent some time hanging a peg board for pre-packaged aprons, organizing my packaging and labels and simply cleaning up. I wish I could remember this feeling the next time I am in the middle of a craft show deadline and harness the powers that be so that I am more careful about taking things out and putting them away--one thing at a time. Anyway, I think if I have to do these major clean-ups enough, I will get sick of it and hopefully work harder all of the time to be organized.

Some good things have come out of it though--I created a new place to photograph my little aprons ( the feather grey is the back drop).

changed my packaging thanks to a new client(I was inspired)


 and added a new color to my color--Ben Moores "feather grey" it is very pretty and works nicely with the hot pink. http://www.myperfectcolor.com/Benjamin-Moore-2127-60-Feather-Gray-p/mpc0004912.htm
All in all, it has been productive and I like the place my organizing adventure brought me to, now...if I can just keep things this tidy!

No comments:

Post a Comment