Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Little Creative Break

It is funny. Sometimes I need to take a creative break from creating. I was supposed to be in Petaluma today, but my trip was rescheduled. So I settled in to work on MAD Stitches aprons. I needed to do some packaging and othe MAD stuff. But...I just did not feel like it. It seemed like I had no motivation. I have been at this juncture before and usually if I try to force it and work through it(barring a craft show deadline) I just can't. So, I think I just needed to sew for me and for fun, not for MAD Stitches. I decided to make myself a new apron to wear in my studio. I never know what mood I will be in, so I knew I wanted it to be reversible. I justed used some extra fabric I had and some trim. I cut out a simple style apron. I had fun making it and I know I will enjoy wearing it, since I often wear them when I work. I do feel a little better, I am still in a rut though. I think it is just being a bit tired and I know it will pass. Anyway, here are some pix of my new reversible apron.

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa,

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Your creations are so beautiful! I also thank you for sharing my blog with your friends!
    Have a blessed day!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete