Sunday, July 25, 2010

Everyone's Off

My babies left yesturday for Tahoe with J for a week. They will be joing the rest of J's family for a reunion. It was hard to see them go. Last week I packed them presents to take to open every other day and a little scrap book for each of them with pictures of myself with them that I have been taking for a few weeks. These are pics of special outings that I have had with each of them.
Beech at Jeffrys
Beech and Mom out to lunch
Annie and mommy got our nails done --these are annies little manicured hands
these are the scrap books I sent them to tahoe with. They have lots of pictures of us in them...just in case...
Tomorrow I am off to have my surgery. I have a cyst in the bone in my face. It is from having lots of surgery and trauma in that area to repair a severe cleft lip and palate. This will be #17. Dr. S has to remove the cyst and do some grafts to rebuild the area on the left side of my face. Then he will also repair an area in my palate that is collapsing because of the cyst. I had a surgery several years ago where they put in titanim plates, now tomorrow they will take them out--Dr. S says I do not need them anymore. Last he has to graft some cartilage from my ear to rebuild my nose where the cyst was. So, I guess I can say "everyone's off". I already miss my babies and I am looking forward to my call from them tonight. As far as my journey being born cleft affected...well it has been a long one I guess, but I have been way more fortunate than most to have such an amazing mom who has been my care taker, the march of dimes(in the early years) and Dr. S...one person who has dedicated his entire life to helping people like myself and I got to have him as a doctor...who gets that lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment