Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Good Days Work...



A few days ago I took some pictures for my little etsy shop. I was photographing the pink girls cupcake apron. I added some cupcakes with butter cream frosting and pretty pink balloons to the picture.



 After my picture session, I picked up the kids and ran Beech to the hospital for his doctors appointment. He has a myriad of medical issues, so he goes the childrens hospital. After his appointment, we went back to Nan Nans house (that's my mom). She lives near LPCH childrens hospital and we had a little tea party.

My mom grew up during the war and very poor. She never had any childhood, so she is always doing wonderful things to make our childrens childhood....MAGICAL (never letting her inner child go). A few years ago, she transformed one of the rooms in her house into a Alice in Wonderland Tea Room. She has all of the costumes and accessories to boot. If you are invited to a tea party, she decorates her house with trees, snow and signs that say...."This way to the rabbit hole...". Her little tea parties are magical--she bakes little treats, serves real rasberry tea and ice cream. On the table, she has several antique shakers in the form of the Alice characters with different flavors of powdered sugar for the ice cream: chocolate, strawberry, vanilla....






So, I decided to take the cupcakes from my little shoot for the apron to my moms. After Beech's doctors appointment, we all went into the rabbit hole and ate the piled high...butter cream frosted cakes and had berry juice. It was charming to see the kids enjoying the MAD cupcakes that I had photographed earlier that day. --


To complete the whole adventure for the children, Nan nan even had a hole cut into the door that you must climb through if you want to have tea because once apon a time...Alice fell through therabbit  hole and went on an amazing adventure---just as my children always do at their Nan Nans house...

No comments:

Post a Comment