Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Prayer for Haiti


These past 24 hours have really made me think a lot life and what I contribute as a person, as a mom. I have been watching the tragic footage on tv of Haiti--and I have shed many tears. Haiti was already so challenged as a country, I can not fathom how it will regain its strength? The images on TV of people helping each other just to stay alive and all of the millions already donated to the Red Cross have been amazing and truly moving. Anyway, I wanted to dedicate my post tonight as a gathering of prayers and strength for anyone searching for loved ones in Haiti and to all of the Haitians.


There are many ways to donate to the red cross and today is a vital day to make the donation--as the Haitian search and rescue time is running out. http://www.redcross.org/

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul, and sings the tunes without the words, and never stops at all.


Emily Dickinson (1830-1886) American poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment