Sunday, January 10, 2010

Loot and an Apron...


A few days ago, Annie and I went hunting to some of my favorite shops ( I especially LOVE Dream and Come C--they are eye candy for any eclectic antique nut). Annie with goldfish in hand and me with a latte--it was so fun. Here is a pic of the loot we bought after we brought it home.





Hmm..a little glitter, paint for touch up...and...


We found some charming bird houses, cool wood wine boxes and a sign.




Yay! Now I have some great fabric storage boxes and some new bird houses for our rose garden when Spring arrives.

I have also been doing and also a bit of sewing this weekend. It has been nice to get back in to my little MAD room after the holidays. My sewing machines are cleaned up, supplies restocked and I am ready to put the pedal to the metal and sew away. This is my little cupcake apron sewn up in a gorgeous pale colored aqua cotton with soft pink, green and purple cupcakes and a chocolate brown sash and sweet, little pocket. --it is for any little "baker in training.

    The fabric corsage is a little pattern I found in Alicia Paulson's beautiful book, "Stitched in Time".--One of my all time favorite sewing books...

No comments:

Post a Comment