Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Ruffler Please...?


    
       A few months ago I became very intrigued with ruffles and my husband bought me a ruffler for my anniversary present. I know….why not jewelry or chocolate right? Instead I ask for a ruffler foot for my sewing machine? Well I have to believe that a fancy sewing accessory for a crafter is like a pair of Jimmy Choos for a shoe lover or a Tiffany bracelet for a jewelry junkie.  As for me….my weakness is sewing or knitting accoutrements….such as a beautiful, antique thimble or a vintage darning egg…who knows? Anyway, I don’t have many fancy feet for my machine, so this was a wonderful present! And naturally I did what I probably would have done with jewelry---I took the ruffler out of its box, used it once or twice…ogled it and the put it away to use for a special occasion…..crazy huh?

       So, I have decided I probably will not be attending any black tie ruffle events anytime soon. So I am going to spend some time on ruffles learning about what makes them tick. They are such a neat thing to have around for the types of things I like to sew—they are a great accessory for my aprons, skirts and little pants that I like to make for Miss Annie AKA “tuffy”. So now I have it out, I just have to figure out what to do with it?

1 comment:

  1. this is funny because i also would get excited about a gift like this
    i've thought of getting a ruffler so it will be fun to see what you come up with

    ReplyDelete