Monday, January 18, 2010

Yummy Golden Pancakes


This weekend my little boy, Beech had his first sleepover with his best buddy Steven. They had a blast playing the Wii, hanging out eating dinner and coloring--I could not believe that we are here already. It seems like yesterday I was taking him for his first day of preschool. Anyway, when the boys went to sleep, I stayed up chatting in the kitchen with my husband, flipping pancake attempting to carry on my moms pancake tradition.

When I was a young girl and had sleepovers with my buddies, my mom would make piles of chocolate chip pancakes for us. (She worked more than full time supporting my brother and I on her own, so weekends were treasured moments with her). And...now I could not wait to make my own pile of pancakes for the kiddos. It was so cool to watch them wake up the next morning—walk into the kitchen bleary eyed and find lots of yummy pancakes.

I don’t know why moments like these are always so special…somehow stepping into my moms shoes and carrying on tradition is always so important to me.—thanks mom for instilling them…. I love this Golden Pancake recipe so much I wanted to share it. I found it online a few years ago. (I can't make my moms pancake recipe because she just uses a pinch of this and a bit of that for her recipe and I have never been able to successfully replicate it.) The recipe below was submitted by Ann Thomas. Thanks Ann... my little kiddos just wolf these good, ol’ cakes down!



Golden Pancakes

SUBMITTED BY: Ann Thomas

"My mother made these delicious pancakes way back in the Depression years. She beat the batter by hand, but I use my blender. It does a great job in breaking down the cottage cheese for a smooth batter. -Ann Thomas, Telford, Pennsylvania"

Original recipe yield:

5 servings

INGREDIENTS

• 6 eggs

• 1 cup creamed cottage cheese

• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour

• 1/4 cup milk

• 1/4 cup vegetable oil

• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

• 1/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS

1. In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process on the highest speed for 1 minutes. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.

***for a special treat, I add the mini chocolate chips…and they freeze beautifully

No comments:

Post a Comment